"As an individual that managers 2 sites and 25 staff I did find it extremely difficult to say No, or stand back and take a moment for myself or my wellbeing.
Listening to your advice on the practical measures that can be implemented soonest really made me think on how I could change my daily work/life pattern. These are my early steps to self-preservation.
- Realising that I matter in the BIG scheme of events.
- I now close my door and have lunch away from my desk.
- I direct colleagues to equally trained staff as I don’t have to do all the work!
- Enjoy and make time for regular exercise.
- Saying leave the information and I’ll get back to you asap – does not mean you don’t care.
- Stopping for lunch away from my desk and not been available for 1 hours mid-day - does not mean you don’t care.
- Saying No and directing to alternate equally trained colleagues for information sought – does not mean you don’t care.
So far so good and I will continue to make subtle changes.
Thank you so much for the advice and direction."